AirFixture Underfloor Air Conditioning Systems
Underfloor or in-floor air conditioning systems are ideal solutions for buildings looking for efficient and cost-friendly environmental control. The very nature of AirFixture’s underfloor air distribution (UFAD), with low pressure plenum air delivery thanks to the raised floor, allows you to deliver improved air quality and maximize occupant comfort while lowering your energy expenses.
Underfloor Cooling System Benefits
UFAD systems take advantage of natural air patterns – specifically, warm air rise – to provide a more comfortable environment in the lower six feet of the work space. The result is more effective and efficient cooling than is typically possible from traditional overhead air distribution. As an additional benefit, the air in the breathing zone is cleaner, with fewer particulates and lower VOC concentrations.
Underfloor cooling systems also offer the following benefits:
- Raised floors allow for improved building design flexibility and add to the structural aesthetic value of a facility
- Lower energy costs can be realized thanks to UFAD requiring lower fan pressures and speeds
- Localized space temperature control leads to improved comfort
- Recycled materials in raised flooring for UFAD access results in a lower environmental impact
- Reduce or eliminate suspended ceiling requirements, opening up more space
AirFixture has the experience to handle your UFAD project, with hundreds of completed installations under our belt.