AirFixture Underfloor Air Distribution Systems
More and more buildings today are opting to install Raised Access Floors and HVAC underfloor air distribution systems for a variety of reasons, most notably flexibility for reconfiguring the office space, and cost savings. We are pleased to report that after hundreds of projects totaling millions of installed sqft, the UFAD technology is now very mature. First costs are lower and the systems are relatively easy to design and construct.
Building owners, architects, engineers, contractors, and developers can all benefit significantly from AirFixture’s UFAD solutions.
Top Benefits of Underfloor Air Distribution
The top benefits of Underfloor Air Distribution (UFAD) systems include:
- Reduced energy usage
- Flexibility for re-locating wiring, piping, and other building services
- Achieve cost-effective LEED certification
- Improved Ventilation Efficiency (Ez) and Indoor Air Quality
- Documented improvements in occupant comfort, productivity, and health
- Reduced first cost and life-cycle costs
- Reduced slab-to-slab height and facade costs
Cost Competitive Benefits of an Underfloor Air Distribution System
Lower installation and energy costs are just the beginning of the savings that an AirFixture UFAD system can bring. You will also realize benefits in the form of a reduction of materials, as well as faster tenant improvement.
Projects using advanced service distribution solutions have reduced installation costs by up to 10% and achieve 15% faster build and completion times. There are many areas where first costs can be neutralized, for example:
- Design Flexibility – Adapts to existing or new architectural features, uneven floor
- Laminated Finishes – Applying floor finishes such as wood, stone, and linoleum in the factory saves labor and materials cost
- Voice/Data Cabling – Reduce cable run lengths; eliminate cable trays and lower labor costs at installation. Relocating cables becomes easier for a lifetime
- Power Wiring – ‘Plug & Play’ technology significantly reduces installation costs
- Furniture – Eliminate dependency on expensive powered furniture and improve space planning options
- Air Distribution – Significantly reduce trunk, branch, and discharge ductwork, lower first cost
- Ceiling – Reduce or eliminate suspended ceiling requirements
- Time to Occupancy – Underfloor services install quickly, allowing for earlier occupation
- Structure – Improved integration of underfloor services provide slab-to-slab height reduction opportunities, or taller occupied space
Benefits of UFAD Systems for Owners
Benefits of UFAD Solutions for Architects
Architects are always challenged to improve the indoor environmental quality of the buildings they design. This requires striking the perfect balance between function, aesthetics, efficiency, health and comfort.
Under Floor Air Distribution and raised access floors help architects meet these challenges by:
- Manufacturing with high levels of recycled content, minimizing the environmental impact
- UFAD reduces energy use and provides advanced personal comfort control
- Raised access floors improve a building’s overall functionality and provide access for quick service changes
- More than 10 LEED Points are achievable by proper application of raised access floors and UFAD, resulting in a better return on investment (ROI)